Friday 5 May 2017

Little Pink Flutterby

I have the honour of being a Guest Designer at Let's Craft and Create this month.  Their theme is to create your own background.

I had a little thing and then thought what an opportunity, I haven't created a mixed media canvas for a while.

Here's a little pic of the finished project, but I'll also show you some pictures along the way

First of all I took a blank 8" x 8" canvas and slapped on a layer of gesso (the canvas was a kind of browny Kraft colour when I started).

On top of this a added some modelling paste and used some stencils to add in some details.  The stencils I used were
Tim Holtz - Crackle, Bubble and Bricked
The Crafter's Wrokshop Mini Template for the text


Close up of a text & crackle section

Close up of a wall & bubble section

Once this was dried I coated it with another layer of gesso.

I then printed a coloured my Flutterby image which you can find in my Etsy shop here.  You can get this and any of my images with 10% off by quoting SKIANDREA10 at checkout.  I've coloured it with Copic and polychromos pencils.  Once coloured I fussy cut it ready to mount onto the finished canvas.

I got so carried away I forgot to take pictures along the way but I can tell you what I've used yo create this.  Some blue copic and a blender which I now need to clean LOL!!

The pinks are created using a DecoArt Magenta Mister and a mister filled with water (the ink allowed to drip down the page)

On the bricks I've added sections to the brick of DecoArt Sand Texture Paste and DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Inteference in Blue to add interest.

Here's a close up of the crackle dection to which I've added lashings of DecoArt crackle paste.  On the bubble stencil you can see I've added some Golden glass bead gel

Here's a close of of the section with the Interference Paint

Once the first layer had dried I added some more of the Magenta Mister and allowed it to drip down the canvas.

The window you can see here is part of a resin element from a Prima Shabby Chic set.  Under the window I've also added some Craft gauze for a bit of interest. 

Here's a close up of the magenta mister dripped down the canvas.

And the section where the window is in close up

On top of this I've added some flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts and Noor Design (cherry blossom, magnolias, orchids and gypsophila.  This again is a close up of the finished canvas for you.

I've then taken a few close up shots so you can see more of the detail.

Heres the cherry blossoms and Flutterby.

The magnolias and gypsophila.

The window section.

Then a few angels photos so you can see the dimension created by the flowers.



Finally I had a yay! moment when I discovered that the canvas would actually fit into a deep picture frame so i could protect it.


Hope you love my inspiration for creating you own background.

If you want to ask me any questions about this you can find my in my Facebook group SheepSki Designs - click here or you can email me at sheepskidesigns@gmail.com

Andrea x

(PS yes I was covered with pink ink!!)

I'd like to enter tis creation not the following challenges
Creative Sketchy Girls - Butterflies and  / or Flowers
PINSpirational - Challenge 189
A Inky Mess - Challenge 10
Inky Chics - Butterflies
Frilly & Funky - Put Your Inking Cap On
The Sisterhood of Crafters - The Letter B - Butterfly, Blue, Background
Addicted to Stamps - Flowers & Butterflies
Glitter 'N' Sparkle - Flower Power
Pearly Sparkles - Things with Wings
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes




9 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Andrea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘The Letter B’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Terri's Cards N More said...

Wow! What a gorgeous canvas. Love the texture of the modeling paste and stencil. Beautiful colors. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "The Letter B" challenge.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning canvas.

xx
Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Crafting with Darcy said...

Wow, Andrea! This has got to be one of the most beautiful framed pieces I've ever seen! Of course, pink is one of my favorite colors!! The texture and all you did is just perfect. I've been staring at it for several minutes now. So gorgeous!!
Hugs!
Darcy

Helen said...

Fabulous, Andrea and really interesting to see the different steps to put it together.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This canvas has such a wonderful, dreamlike quality to it. Love your use of color to create a sense of motion and drama. Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Put on Your Inking Cap" Challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

How wonderful to see your beautiful canvas come to life and then to find the perfect frame! Love it all. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

Kim's CreaLife said...

very nice creation!

xx Kim
DT Creative Sketchy Girls

Jarka Ef said...

Wonderful work, I love your creation. Thank you for sharing it at Pearly Sparkles. Jarka DT