Friday 26 May 2017

Duplicity - skulls roses and butterflies

Yes I know it's not the normal glam / cutie / flowers etc. but if you look in my shop there are a couple of skulls around.  This image is called Duplicity and you can find it in my shop on Etsy.

Today is my hubby's birthday.  It's been a while since I've drawn a skull for him.  I don't want to get too predictable and every time we (him and me) have an event to celebrate I do it with skulls.  That's why there's been JD & Coke and then Otters :D

So I thought he was overdue.  I'd seen some artwork where people had drawn skulls which were made up of other objects, hidden by objects or they form part of it - so...... I decided to see if I could draw something along those lines.  Drawing this I obviously HAD to be sneaky.  I'm not sure if he's caught glimpses of it but hopefully he's been too busy with work and his playstation LOL!!
I've coloured it mainly monochrom with only the rose in colour to add maximum impact.  A rose for my love on his birthday.  I've used Copics and polychromos pencils to do this with.

There are no sentiments with this I just wanted the art work to have maximum impact.  I've distressed the edges and mounted it onto some black card.

He is definitely going to love this one :D

Happy Birthday Allen!
Andrea xx

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Dream In Darkness - Anything Goes


8 comments:

Julie2g1b said...

so love this hun very talented can't wait to have a go colouring xxx

Karenzkardz said...

I absolutely love this design. So beautiful and unique xx

Go Sweden 2019 said...

Wow. This is fabulous x

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous, love seeing your art work, your images and coloring skill ... I'm in looooooove. Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness May challenge. I hope you'll have a beautiful summer time.

Squiddy said...

Love the way you "enhanced" the skull shape, bet DH is a very happy man. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness (the month got away on me!)

TangledBlueRose said...

Really lovely! I adore your butterfly skull image, fantastic! He is one super lucky person! Thanks so much for playing along at Dream in Darkness!~kim

Maria Valente said...

Fabulous design! Thank you so much for joining us at Create and Inspire Challenges this month.
Maria (DT) scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt

Squiddy said...

Yippee, we all agreed this was a winner at Dream In Darkness too.