Thursday 23 March 2017

Kamsin & a New Blog Challenge

Finally had a little time (mainly due to internet problems ha ha) to get this little beauty coloured up.

I created Kamsin for the Crafting Circle Artists Challenge for March.  The idea was to create an image where people could practice their colouring skills on a portrait etc.  I created Kamsin with lots of movement in her hair.


The first time I coloured her I did her with Ombre and although I liked the look I decided to try my original colour choice which I was a bit nervous of doing.  No idea why if you do it wrong just print it again and have another go!

She's been coloured with Copics to a certain extent.  I've yet to learn how to get this full effect using them.  I've also used polychromos pencils to finish off with.  Her hair is of firey colours red and orange and her eyes a luminous green.  You could colour her in with ordinary glasses but I've chosen to do her with sunglasses as a chic with a bit of attitude :)

I showed Katrina my colouring at work today who says its me!  I want a card with that for my birthday :D

I used some Sizzix letters to cut the sentiment into the card.  Underneath this is some black card and then some orange design paper from Joy Craft.

Finally I did some doodling with a pen to add a bit more of a border.

Hope you love my creation
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
A Perfect Time to Craft - Challenge 3
Fabrika Fantasy - For the Girls
The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes / Clean and Simple
Julia Spiri - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Lady in Red (hoping red hair counts)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Come and Get It - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes
Creative Crafty Cottage - For the Girls
Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes




13 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh my gosh this is just amazing colouring Andrea. What a gorgeous image too. Great work as always. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful CAS card Andrea. Love your fabulous colouring of her hair. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Julia Spiri. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS!
What markers did you use for her stunning hair?

Michele said...

she is beautiful! xo

chrissie said...

A stunning face and red hair. Your colouring is terrific

Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

AndreaNorris said...

Do you want the copic colours and the polychromos pencils Tracy? x

Unknown said...

Oh my what a stunning image, your colouring is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Meggymay said...

Her hair is a beautiful colour, its a wonderful project.
Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
Yvonne

Marjut said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

This is so amazing I love the colors.

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations :)

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage :)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful Andrea xx
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Dianne DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...