Sunday 19 February 2017

Shabby roses in monochrome

I coloured this image Wild Roses in monochrome as an inspiration piece.  I only used one black polychromos pencil to create it with.  Finally I've had chance to make it into a card!


You can enter an of your card created with my images into my Facebook challenges.  I have a DT call in this group at the moment and I've also a DT call for my new challenge blog.  Both of these close on 28 February.
I debated for a while whether to add a splash of colour.  BUT as you can see below I kept with the monochrome theme.  It's kind of ended up looking like a black and while photo of a coloured image :D but I can assure you its not!

I've distressed the image and the black card stock behind it to give it a shabby feel.

My only embellishment three silver dragonfly charms to keep with the monochrome theme.

Hope you like the card I ended up making :D

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Morgan's ArtWorld - Add Flowers
Crafty Girlz - Black and White
The Crafters Cafe - No Red or Pink
Sweet Stampin - Flowers
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything Goes
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

8 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Andrea, I saw this on Facebook this morning and thought it was fantastic! Now, I have to put on 2 different DT hats and say Thanks so much for playing along in our "Add Flowers" challenge at Morgan's Artworld and at QKR Stampede. Good luck in each draw. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Dorothy S said...

I really like the effect of the pencil coloring. The tattered edges add to the very vintage feel - what a lovely result. Thanks for entering the QKR Stampede weekly challenge - anything goes, with a twist of bling or sparkle for this week. Dorothy S, DT member

Aileen said...

Stunning, as always so perfectly coloured. Love the black and white look.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the monochrome finish and those dragonflies are so sweet. What a fabulous entry for our 'Flowers' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us. I love the CAS finish. Just perfect. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Cara said...

LOL ... You know I love this image Andrea! I love that you did this in grays and black ... Stunning work! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
(Hugs) Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Marilyn said...

Absolutely stunning!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this is quite elegant in the monochromatic tones!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

cass said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "No Red or Pink" challenge.