Friday 10 June 2016

Golden wedding

I was lucky enough to win the GDT spot for Fussy and Fancy for their Anniversary / Wedding themed challenge and if you've read their GDT post you probably know a lot more about me now. 

For those of you that haven't read the post I work full time as an accountant, am a member of 4 design teams and for one of those I run the Facebook Group for them to help out as well.  I'm a dancer and badminton player (although injured at the moment which helps with crafting time!)

To top it off I now draw digital images which I sell in my shop on Etsy SheepSki Designs and have just started a Facebook group SheepSki Designs Digital Stamps with a challenge.  I have no design team yet so I'm doing all this myself at the moment! 

Soooooo...... onto what I've made for the lovely ladies at Fussy & Fancy

  I've chosen to use Wedding Couple from Aurora Wings for my inspiration card.  The image is just so beautiful Mitzi is so talented and I didn't have time to draw an image :D
I've coloured this image with ProMarkers I find they blend out really well to give a softer look than when I use Copics.  I've done her dress in pale golden colours using Vanilla & Ivory in case you wanted to know.  Scattered around the edges of the image are some pearl dots created with Dovecraft 3D Pearl effects.

Here's a close up of the main flower section.


The heart chip board is from Blue Fern Studios.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Live and Love Crafts.  I also got the lace from Live & Love Crafts that you can see behind the image.

At the bottom of the card is a piece of organza rose trim which can be bought from Wild Orchid Crafts, Live & Love Crafts or The Ribbon Girl.

There are also some tiny delicate pieces of flowered chip board.  They come in longer strips with stems but I cut these down to just the round flowers, they're Dusty Attic chipboard.

There's a resin corner at the to right which you can just see peaking out form under the flowers.  The Mr & Mrs sign is from Scrapiniec which I found at Scrap & Craft.  I've also added a few pearl gems and the tiny heart at the right of the card if from the Blue Fern Studios piece (I didn't want to waste it and it fit in with what I was doing)

Finally the design papers I used were from First Edition and Joy Crafts.  All have been treated with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress ins (Tim Holtz) and they've also been distressed.

Apologies for the long post and if you've dropped off but there's a lot to this card :D
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Paper Creator - All About Flowers
Paradise of Stamps - Wedding
Crafting Musketeers - Weddings
Left of Centre - Distressing
Come and Get It - Weddings
Addicted to Stamps - Flowers
The Ribbon Girl - June Card Challenge
The Corrosive Challenge - Lots of Layers
Aurora Wings - A Touch of Class



13 comments:

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. Love the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Gorgeous card, Andrea! Your high-key approach to coloring this image is simply beautiful. All the embellishments and pretty papers all add to the dreamy, antique feel you created. What a great card to capture the magic and splendor of a wedding day! Thank you for joining our 'A Touch of Class' challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

Tammy said...

What a stunning card Andrea, I love that image, the soft colors and your gorgeous embellishments! Thanks for being our GDT this week!
Hugs, Tammy

raven said...

What a beautiful card. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC. Good Luck..Genny DT xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Just exquisite, Andrea! Every bride should be so stunning. Love your soft coloring and fabulous embellishments. Thanks so much for joining out "A Touch of Class" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Deloris said...

It's gorgeous! Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator!

Flo said...

Wow a beautiful wedding card! Love design and your gorgeous flower section with all hearts... Thank you so much for sharing with us at Addicted to stamp challenge! Hugs, Flo.

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely!
Thanks for sharing with us at LOC!
Susan DT

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at The Ribbon Girl! xxx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Andrea, I love all the details & the vintage feel :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Aurelia Aurora said...

Awesome weeding card.. Lovely image choice and elegant design.. Thank you so much for joining our 'A Touch of Class' Challenge at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw.. <3

hugs,
~RoRa

Marlies said...

A gorgeous wedding card! A lovely design, and I love the soft delicate colouring of the image. Beautiful made! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Vixykins said...

Great creation, l ovely embellishments x
Thank You for entering the June challenge at Crafts and Me. Please pop back soon to enter our July challenge and see if you're a winner x