Friday 15 May 2015

Beautiful butterflies

We've a new challenge at Oddball Art today - our theme for this challenge is add a butterfly of dragonfly.  Lizzy has so may gorgeous images that can be used with this theme i had a job deciding which one I wanted to use.  In the end I've gone for image 70.

If you want to browse Lizzy's shop I've a voucher code you can use DTANDREA10 that will get you 10% off anything in the Oddball Art Etsy store.  You just need to quote my code at check out :)

So first up here's a close up of the image I've done.  She's coloured with ProMarkers and Copics.  I've used a Spellbinders die top cut her out and then some Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen.  Added to this is some embossing enamel around the left side of the image.

Onto the card itself now.  I've layered red and black card stock and then one design paper from Joy Crafts - Back in Time.  I've double cut the butterfly die edge with red and black card stock before layering it and mounting it onto the card.  

The brown butterflies at the right of the card are actually fussy cut from some Tim Holtz Idea-ology Collage Paper.

Behind the image is some black lace trim.


At the bottom right of the image I've added some black roses and stamen.  Final touches and a brass decorative corner and some black self adhesive gems.

Pop over the the main blog to see my challenge team mates beautiful creations
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Sparkle n Sprinkle - Anything Goes
Fairytale Stampers - Bingo (Lace/Die/Flowers)
Polkadoodles - Things with Wings
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Embossing Heat/Dry
Dream Valley - Things With Wings
Creative Card Crew - Embossing Wet or Dry
Design Team Showcase - Challenge 12

5 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create Rachel dt

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Andrea, I like the sweet image
Kevin xx

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card. Love all the butterflies. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Lou Sims said...

Beautiful and love butterfly edging. Many thanks for joining in with "Things with Wings" challenge over at Polka Doodles. Lou (Senior DT)

Unknown said...

Lovely. Thank you for entering Design Team Showcase.

Kim
{Craftisan Studios}
Design Team Showcase