Tuesday 14 April 2015

Vintage photo

I decided to have a go at a vintage theme and in particular I had this ideas of doing a vintage photo style card.  I picked one of my favourite images from All Dressed Up - Mirror Mirror and coloured her in browns with ProMarkers.  Then mulled it over for a long, long, long, long time.  I actually ended up doing another vintage style card in the meantime and was happy with that so then ploughed ahead with this one.

She's cut out with a Spellbinders Die and then treated with some Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.

Design papers are from Lïli of the Valley and Prima Marketing (Almanac).

I've added a strip of Tim Holz film I got from Live and Love Crafts to fit in with the vintage picture theme.

Vintage theme coloured brown/beige roses and leaves are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The final touch are some brown self adhesive gems.

I'm really happy with the way this one came out - as always it was a bit of an experiment, this was the first time using a Tim Holtz distress tool on an image!

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
All Dressed Up - Anything Goes
All Dressed Up Facebook - Shabby or Vintage
Create and Inspire - Anything Goes with a Die
The Corrosive Challenge - Floral Fantasy
Addicted to Stamps - Girly but no Pink




3 comments:

Veerle said...

Love your girly card in brown tones. Very fitting for our challenge.
Thank you so much for joining in.
Veerle DT - Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog

Unknown said...

love this such lovely layout Thanks so much for joining us at All Dressed Up x Jane DT

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow what a lovely card. Great idea to make it in vintage style.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)