Thursday 26 March 2015

Thinking of you







I'm a huge Make It Craft fan, I love their images.  While I was browsing their website recently I saw this image Chelsea Hugging Legs.  At the back of my mind whilst I was browsing was Zoe's Design Team call for clean and simple cards.  In the blurb she'd written - sorry Zoe if you read this :)  were some examples of clean and simple cards.  If you want to take a look click here.

I knew straight away what I was going to try and do with this image.  Chelsea looks kind of dreamy and I thought she looks like she's thinking about someone.  I produced this sentiment on my computer and cut it out with a Spellbinders die.  The edge of the die is coloured in alternate purple and blue.

Chelsea her self was printed out so I could use her to one side on a CAS card.  She's coloured with purple and blue ProMarkers.  Here's a close up of her.


In this close up you should be able to see the dotty fantasy background I created around her.  I did this by making lots of dots first in pale blue ProMarker and using the blending pen to blur them.  I then added some purple dots around the blue ones and used the blending pen again.  To make some darker patches I just added some more dots but didn't blend these out.

To be honest I was panicking a bit when I was doing it as I've never tried this before.  BUT I'm pleased to say the result was even better than I hoped and I've used this technique on a few more cards since.

The only other thing I've used to finish it off but still keeping a clean simple design are some blue and purple self adhesive gems.

Now you know how I did it have a go it's really easy :)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Paradise of Stamps - Clean & Simple
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - A Cut Above
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes




5 comments:

Zoe said...

She's gorgeous Andrea. <3

Sandra said...

Fabulous card Andrea!

aussie aNNie said...

You have inspired me to have a go once again at CAS cards...Zoe has also inspired me but can I resist all the added goodies is the Question...I just love your dotty background.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

What a lovely project. thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart this time, we hope to see you again soon. Tracy DT

Natalie said...

lovely image and the background looks great!
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito