Sunday 8 March 2015

Pink magnolias

I originally did the centre of this card for a Make It Crafty Colour challenge, which was water colours.  The stamp I've used is Magnolias for Mum bought from Quixotic Paperie.  I've used Faber Castelle water colour pencils but first I had to use a light coating of hairspray to stop the ink running when I applied the paint!

Once I'd done the image and entered it, it ended up buried in my crafting stash.  I was looking for something (as you do) and found it and hough do you know that would make a lovely mothers day card.  So I set to work doing a simple mount onto black and pink papers to showcase the image.

The sentiment I made was computer generated and just finished the card off with a few self adhesive gems.

Lucky I found this in time for my stash of cards to sell at work :)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Fantasy Stampers - Mum's the Word
Digi Choosday - Mum's the Word
Creative Knockouts - Border Time
In the Pink - For a Special Lady

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Lovely colouring and looks perfect in pink. Hugs Mrs A.

What I Created Next said...

what a beautiful card. So clean and yet so simple. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Mum’s The Word challenge

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd have such a beautiful image in my stash :D your watercolouring is amazing and I really like how the card turned out!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Creative Knockouts and good luck!
Jessa

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd have such a beautiful image in my stash :D your watercolouring is amazing and I really like how the card turned out!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Creative Knockouts and good luck!
Jessa

Cazro said...

Beautiful, a gorgeous elegand card. Love the colouring worl. Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

JayBe said...

Such an elegant design, Andrea and beautifully coloured too. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Anjie said...

Great make. Thanks for joining us in our Mum’s The Word challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)

Unknown said...

Pretty card, thank you for joining in with our challenge this time at Digi Choosday xx
x~Kate~x DCDT

Debs said...

So beautiful and elegant.
Thanks for playing along at In The Pink this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx