Saturday 10 January 2015

Paul's next project


It's our friend Paul's birthday tomorrow.  When I was discussing making a card for Paul with my hubby I showed him some vintage digital images I'd bought of a motorbike and plane.  But - we decided seen as he's always doing cars up maybe I should find a vintage car instead.  While searching I found this image (DigitalThings Steampunk Vintage Bicycle) which made my hubby laugh and we decided it could be Paul's next project.

The image is mounted on some black card stock and distressed. Other papers used are Lili of the Valley/Raspberry Road Designs Father Knows Best and Prima Marketing Engraver.  There papers have also been distressed.

I've made a stamped caption saying "Paul's next project" using a Dovecraft Alphabet Stamp Set and distress ink.

The final embellishments are some Tim Holtz Idea-Ology mini gears and some self adhesive gems.

Hope he likes the card I made him
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the Cardz for Guyz challenge - Vintage


6 comments:

Cazro said...

Hello Andrea, I am sure your friend Paul will appreciate this wonderful card. I love the vintage style and embellishments. The distressing adds that final wonderful touch. Thanks for sharing this with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Hope to see you again. Caz

sweet art designs said...

Cool card. Love the distressed layering. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the vintage distressed look, fabulous

JayBe said...

A fabulous 'vintage themed' project, Andrea - love the distressing and the steampunk bicycle image is just perfect. Hope your friend liked it! Thanx for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz and good luck.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Joan said...

Great card, love the vintage papers and what a fab image! I'm sure your friend will love his card

Thanks for joining in at Cardz4guyz thus week

Joan

Helen said...

A really great vintage design - love the distressing.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x