Sunday 7 December 2014

Hats off


So here's the second blogging (if there is such a word) I promised.  Might just have another one if I've time before bed, but I'm doing this on my iPad so it's always slower.

I've done a clean and simple card this time, some of the challenges require this and it's a great opportunity to show off how good you are at colouring (or not).  I'm very surprised this card turned out as well as it did because I had a bit of a ProMarker pen explosion.  I was changing the fine point nib to my red pen to do some detail work on another card and no idea what happened but the nib broke and it looked like I'd had a nose bleed.  Everything and I mean everything was covered in red ink!

Anyway the image Hats Off from Lili of the Valley managed to escape the red explosion.  I coloured it in green ProMarker shades with a bit of brown and black.  This is a lovely neutral colour combination when making cards for guys.

The papers are from Simple Joys and Festive Trimmings. I've also used some plain black and white card stock.

The only other items I've used on this card are some green self adhesive gems and a postage stamp from Grunge Christmas Postmarks.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Fantasy Stampers - CAS Christmas Card
Christmas Card Challenge - Color Challenge
Crafty Catz - Snowmen
Paradise of Stamps - Christmas
Cardz 4 Guys - Favourite Colour Combo

Hope you like my CAS card I don't do them that often :)
Andrea x








17 comments:

Cazro said...

Your CAS card is super cute, loving the image Hats Off. A great card for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

AndreaNorris said...

Cheers Caz nice to know I'm going in the right direction with a card for a guy x

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Love your card! I love the green on the snowman's clothes and the matching gems! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week! -Jessica CCC DT

Ella's Design said...

LOVE this pretty CAS card using that adorable snowman, Andrea! Fab colouring, despite the Promarker explosion and never mind the guys, anyone would be happy to receive this! Hugs, Lisa x

Julie B said...

What a fab image beautifully coloured. So pleased it didn't get hit by the red explosion!
Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz and at Fantasy Stampers. :)

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Jessica x

AndreaNorris said...

:) thank you Lisa x

AndreaNorris said...

Cheers Julie x

carol said...

Hello..ooh super cute card .....thanks for playing along with our snowman challenge at CRAFTY CATZ ...Merry Christmas x carol

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Carol x

Brawny x said...

Oh what a fab character. Great card x

Helen said...

Great CAS card - love the stamp you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Janette said...

I LOVE this super cute card, it stands out on your CAS design, gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for playing at CCC this week!!

scrapanik said...

Very great card!!! Thanks for joining us at Paaradise of Stamps.........

JayBe said...

I love your CAS design, Andrea - so glad it escaped the red explosion. I think your LOTV collection rivals my own! Lol. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers and best wishes for the festive season.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

My name is Cindy said...

I juat can't cope with the whole ipad blogging experience - which is why I am so late as I haven't had my pc this week. Loving this design so fresh and bright - perfect for our C & S challenge at Fantasy Stampers! Thanks for plyaing, Cindy (DT)