Thursday 2 October 2014

Birthday surprise

I'm slowly collecting Uptown Girl stamps from Stamping Bella.  Paisley has a pressie is one of the ones I bought recently.  I usually go for girlie pinks or purples but decided to experiment and do her in turquoise shades of ProMarkers.

I used papers from Lili of the Valley & NitWit Collections Solids - Snow Princess and Snow Princess for the layered papers.

The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley Art Pad 8 - Sentiments. I hand cut it then used the same turquoise ProMarkers.

After I'd mounted the stamped image onto the card  over the layers I decided where I was putting the embellishments.  Then, I edged the image with white pearl self adhesive gems to create a frame.

I wanted a flower cascade look so started with a large white flower which I bought in Hobby Craft yesterday.  I then used two different shades of turquoise flowers scattered down and across the card.

The final touches were some butterfly beads and a white paper butterfly which I'd bought from Lili of the Valley a while ago.  To this I added some pearl self adhesive gems.  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges
Paradise of Stamps - Girly
Fantasy Stampers - Here Come the Girls
Addicted to Stamps - White and one other colour
Passion for ProMarkers - Make it feminine
Deep Ocean - At least one flower

Andrea x


10 comments:

Cazro said...

These Uptown girls are new to me, I like them, fabulous colour choices, a wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at Faantasy Stampers. Caz

AndreaNorris said...

I love the Uptown Girl stamps :) thanks Caz x

coops said...

So stunning Andrea.Fabulous image and i love your design and soft blue colours.
Thanks so much for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

AndreaNorris said...

Your welcome, really enjoyed making this card x

Julie said...

Gorgeous! Love this image and your colours and details are just fab! Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week, Juliexx

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Julie :) x

Chris said...

How cute is this! Love the stamped image! I bet it is stunning IRL with the pearls around the perimeter! Thanks so much for joining the White and One Other Color Challenge at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog!

XO,
Chris
http://ascrappersmusings.blogspot.com

AndreaNorris said...

Thank you very much Chris :) x

JayBe said...

This is gorgeous, Andrea - love the stamp and the soft blues. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers and good luck.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk/

AndreaNorris said...

We've given is one to Kim a work colleague to celebrate her 30th birthday, it looks just like her :) thanks Jan x